Tuesday 25 August 2015

Vanessa (The Little Mermaid)

Get away from me you slimy little...




 
I make no secret of loving Disney villains, particularly Ursula. Sassy, manipulative and powerful, she wasn't going to make any deal to which she couldn't adjust the outcome. Ariel was about to win over Eric, so she does the only logical thing- use her voice to pose as his mysterious saviour, Vanessa.




I bought an extra blue dress Ariel as the basis of my Vanessa, as much of their outfits are the same in terms of basic design. Once I removed the head, I used polymer clay to reshape the hair, given that Vanessa has a middle part, unlike Ariel's trademark swoop of fringe. I erased and redrew her eyebrows, removing Ariel's innocent expression. I pulled out both arms, trimmed down the vinyl to remove the sleeve of her dress, repositioned and repainted. I repainted her dress and added on the seashell necklace before putting the head back on. Pretty simple really.

I'm not totally happy with this one, to be honest, but it's a decent attempt at Vanessa.

The Run Down:

Base Pop/s: Blue dress Ariel (Disney 146)

Biggest Challenges: Getting the arms to not look like footballer player arms

How I'd Improve It: I'd have stolen the arms off another pop altogether, to avoid the difficulties I had with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment