Saturday 22 August 2015

Esmeralda (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

God bless the outcasts



 
Although not a Princess, my husband and I always thought that Esmeralda is one of the sexiest characters from Disney. She is kind to others, is sassy to authority and has pole dancing skills. Esmeralda's so alluring that Judge Claude Frollo would commit genocide on an entire people just to find her. Don't worry, I've already got a custom of him planned, so he can continue to harass her on my shelf.



I had a spare live action Cinderella laying around, and figured that with a bit of work I could transform her into our favourite gypsy dancer. I had to trim down her braid, foot and parts of her dress; reposition both arms; add in the headband, jewellery, new clothes and a tambourine; and paint, of course.

I considered repainting her skin to be more olive, however decided that risking messing it up (remember, I hate doing eyelashes!) wasn't worth the reward of being slightly more accurate.



The Run Down:

Base Pop/s: Cinderella (Disney 138)

Biggest Challenges: Turning the puffy ballgown into a gypsy outfit

How I'd Improve It: I'd have found another way to deal with the front foot. I cut off the protruding foot, and tried to make that area look like a dress fold, but it's not as good as I'd have hoped for.


No comments:

Post a Comment