Monday 7 September 2015

Eevee (Pokemon)

Eevee, I choose you!



 
After making my Vulpix earlier, I felt inspired to turn GoT Ghost into another favourite Pokemon of mine, Eevee. If I ever have a daughter, Eevee is on the shortlist for names, so it seemed like a cute addition to join the custom family.


Unlike Eevee, whose pointed foxy face worked well with Ghost's, Eevee has a much flatter face. As a result, I did a lot of remodelling of the face. I ended up using the back of the original head as my face. I also needed to do a lot of work on the ears, completely creating new ones from clay to replace the little ones already there. The body at least was just a straight forward paint job, with only a little extra clay added to make more of the ruff round the neck.

Because I'd used the back of the head, I didn't have any eyes to work from. I ended up cutting off the eyes of another pop and glueing them on to get around this issue. You don't want to have seen my attempt at painting them on myself. I immediately felt a strong sense of shame. To give you a rough idea, it reminded me of that episode of the Pokemon anime where the Ditto couldn't get faces right. Scary...



The Run Down:

Base Pop/s: Ghost (Game of Thrones 19)

Biggest Challenges: Face shape and eyes

How I'd Improve It: Make the ruff bigger, make the head a bit more smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment