Saturday 29 August 2015

Alessa Gillespie (Silent Hill)

Now is the end of days, and I am the reaper.



As a big fan of horror movies, I really enjoyed Silent Hill when it came out. Sure there were a couple of dodgy moments with the CGI, but overall it was a super enjoyable flick for me. Like some of the greatest villains, Alessa was motivated because of the negative actions of others against her first. You can't help but sympathise with a little girl who was so cruelly treated, so can totally forgive her joyfully twirling in the blood of her victims, right?


For the head, I knew that trying to get the face right was going to be the post important aspect. Just a purple dress like this could have also been a Pop for Annie from League of Legends, so I had to ensure that the face was definitely Alessa-esque. This involved painting the hair from blonde to black; painting the face pale; redoing the eyes and eyebrows; and adding in both the black specks and the blood stains on her face. I wanted to get the base done before I added in the extra hair over her face, as I knew trying to do so afterwards would be near impossible.
Both are evil, magical little girls in purple peter pan dresses. Coincidence?

I figured that Disney's Alice would make a good body, as Alessa's school uniform has a similar peter pan collar and tunic look. I had to add in long sleeves to the original body, paint it purple, change the colour of her neck and hands. The last step with the body was adding in a grey splotches her body to represent the ash.




The Run Down:

Base Pop/s: head- Daenerys Targaryen (Game of Thrones 24), body- Alice (Disney 49)

Biggest Challenges: Getting her face to looked just the right about of messed up

How I'd Improve It: I'm not sure, actually. I'm happy with it. It's as close to Alessa as I think I could do in Pop form.


No comments:

Post a Comment